Monday, April 16, 2012

West Malling - Magical Mystery Tour



Dehydrated after a bit of session the night before with friends previously seen a quarter of a century back, I made my way back on Saturday morning, rather gingerly, from olde Folkestoneium back into the the heart of ancient Cantium stopping briefly in West Malling  for purposes of re-caffination. But not Kings Hill - even I could not bring myself to search out that Durello Spot again. No, no, no. Just thought I'd spend a moment in the High Street and observe the Baldocks clothing emporium where, during the filming of MMT, Ringo bought a few items of groovy gear (and possible the Lennon hat). Then perhaps observe once more the shop front where Ringo bought the MMT ticket from Lennon. Now the Rain Grill (see below)



But wait ! I said wait up there ! What in the name of Boutros Boutros Ghali is going on here ???? A Beatles Weekend ? Yes ! Let excitement be unconstrained ! The MMT coach is making the journey from Newquay to West Malling next week and all local Beatle Nuts and any locals who recall the Fab days in West Malling 45 years ago are to be made very welcome. I'm excited, I'm excited.....


But wait a second. How will this work ? "Hello, I like the Beatles, do you ?".."Yes, I like the Beatles, too.".."Which one did you like best ?".. "Well, they were all good, but my fave was John Lennon..." Awkward silence. "They were great, weren't they ?"   Silence...Maybe, urmmmm...

Here is the view from the MMT Ticket Shop to the Trouser Shop. What the hell is happening to me ? I could be at home with kids...




No comments:

Post a Comment